"Achieving the 60X30TX and DCCCD Strategic Goals: It's All About Curriculum Pathways and the Network!"
This year’s District Curriculum Workshop has a new format! It will include:
- Updates on innovations,
- Updates on high school to college to university educational and career pathways (that lead to employment and living wages for our students), and
- Discipline and program committee meetings will close out the day.
During the workshop, attendees will participate in interactive sessions related to: 1.) The curriculum process, 2.) Educational pathways and guidelines for Liberal Arts, 3.) Educational pathways and guidelines for Career and Technical Education awards and 4.) New Compliance Issues in Continuing Education programs and courses. These interactive sessions are designed to provide:
- An overview of the curriculum process,
- DCCCD, THECB, SACSCOC and other governing agency guidelines, rules and regulations,
- THECB and legislative updates, and
- Process timelines and new initiatives on the horizon.
Discipline committee chairs, co-chairs, liaison deans, members, faculty, college curriculum committees, deans, administrators and staff who work directly with curriculum and instructional matters are encouraged to attend the workshop.
All discipline and curriculum committees are encouraged to host their first committee meeting in the afternoon immediately following the workshop to discuss any recommendations for curriculum changes that may be needed in their respective areas. Rooms will be reserved and available to accommodate each discipline committee.
· Log on to eConnect as and “Employee” and choose register for Staff Enrichment
· Term dropdown menu: Term Summer 2016
· Course dropdown menu: XPDL Misc. Professional Development
· Course dropdown menu: 1000 Section dropdown menu: 14501
· Click submit, select course, click submit
You will receive an email confirmation to the email address that you have on file in eConnect.